The positions are available for highly motivated and skilled individuals with expertise in next generation sequencing (NGS) analysis and statistical genomics. Dr. Kong’s group in the Computational Health Informatics Program at Boston Children’s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA are looking for enthusiastic and talented genome scientists at various levels (post-docs and research scientists). We seek to improve current clinical practices by providing expertise and insight from large-scale and multidimensional analysis of multi-omics datasets from patients with diverse disorders.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop novel computational and bioinformatic tools for genomic analysis.
- Statistical analysis of genomic and clinical datasets from case-control and cohort studies and interpret the results accordingly.
- Work independently on multiple ongoing projects with flexibility to adjust to new priorities.
- Cross-training bioinformatic colleagues.
- Present the work in form of scientific publications and oral communications to the scientific community.
The group is located at the Boston Children’s Hospital, a teaching hospital affiliated with Harvard University.
- Strong proficiency with R, python and other programming languages.
- Familiarity with modern statistical analysis paradigms with high-dimensional data is required.
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively translate scientific concepts to multidisciplinary personnel.
- Demonstrated ability developing analysis schemes for whole-genome sequencing (WGS), RNA-Seq and epigenomic profiles.
- Deep understanding of genomics and molecular biology.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English and scientific writing skills.
The candidates for post-docs or research scientists must hold a Ph.D. or equivalent degree by the start of employment.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter outlining research experience and interests, curriculum vitae (CV), and the names and contacts of three referees to Dr. Sek Won Kong (email@example.com).