A research assistant position is available at Dr. Kong’s group in the Computational Health Informatics Program at Boston Children’s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA. The group seeks to improve current clinical practices by providing expertise and insight from large-scale and multi-dimensional analysis in data-sets from patients with neurodevelopmental conditions and other disorders.
The position is available for a motivated individual with expertise in data management and statistical analysis to provide insights from diverse multidimensional datasets in different frameworks, involving genotypes, diseases phenotypes and metabolomics.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage high-dimensional datasets.
- Apply statistical methods for exploratory analysis to understand the association within and between different datasets.
- Ensure accurate and statistically valid deliverables, including drafting statistical analysis plans and participating in writing study reports and manuscripts.
- Work independently on multiple ongoing projects with flexibility to adjust to new priorities.
- Manage projects for integrity of data generation and ingestion.
- Present the work in form of scientific publications and oral communications to the scientific community.
The group is located at Landmark Center, belonging to Boston Children’s Hospital, a teaching hospital affiliated with Harvard University.
- Proficiency with data management and analysis in R and database is required, experience with python and shell scripting is desirable.
- Ability to organize datasets and connect them using matching ID as well as prepare them for downstream statistical analysis.
- Familiarity with modern data analysis paradigms is required.
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively translate scientific concepts to multidisciplinary personnel.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English and professional communication.
- Self-motivation to learn biological knowledge, statistical methods and visualization tools based on the need of the research projects.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter outlining research experience, skills and interests, curriculum vitae (CV), and the names and contacts of two referees to Dr. Sek Won Kong (email@example.com).